Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > no enough memory for updates!
no enough memory for updates!

2158 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2017-06-16 01:56:58

•   Level 3   
    (58) points
    karkoush
    2017-06-14 23:30:14
    I am ttying to update VW software but a massege pops up saying that there is no enough memory...I don't have any personal or any data on the tablet , I was going to use the maxitool cleaner but it says that I will lose the applicatons,what should I do to solve this problem

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-06-15 02:17:12 (Reply to:karkoush)

yes, delete all vehicle makes you don't need or use and it should fit fine.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-06-15 04:49:25 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

Seems like Launch somehow gets by with only a 16GB SSD in their tablets and covers the same vehicles similarly without as many issues Autel has as far as I am aware of. Why is 32 GB of space not enough ? Enough with the bloated convoluted System Optimizing Updates meant to scramble and mess with the minds of OE copyright lawyers in order to avoid licensing fees.

•   Level 3   
    (58) points
    karkoush
    2017-06-15 05:39:22
    But I have 4.5 GB empty storge on the ssd why it refuses to update ?

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-06-15 12:07:04 (Reply to:karkoush)

yes 4.5 may not be enough to continue updating, there has to be some space left and vw software is about 1.5 gb, leaving you with only 3 gb left for future updates but what really bugs me is that although we are running very low on space they now have this new service updates which is the same thing we already have in our tools and included in the hot functions.  a nice feature to have, am not complaining but there is just not enough space to fit this new function. the only option I see here is to uninstall vehicle makes we don't need. eventually as newer updates come out we will be in the same boat again without any room for updates, maybe an external sd card is the answer but I think that will make our tools extremely slow. am sure they though of this way back so they can now sell us new tools with bigger memory/drives. I personally uninstalled every single make I don't use and am running very fast with no issues at all.

an example of what I do is, I install vw/audi software but that comes with a bunch of other cars I don't use so I uninstall them after. this way I only use what I need. take ford for example, you have to download both, usa and Europe, don't know why they do this crap. the downside of this is that we keep seeing an update being available caused we uninstalled the other one but we save lots of room this way. in your case since vw is important, uninstall a few makes you don't need first then update vw, when done uninstall all the makes that comes with vw that you don't need and then whatever else you want back that you uninstalled. good luck

•   Level 3   
    (58) points
    karkoush
    2017-06-16 01:56:58
    There must be a solution for this... I don't want to delete any thing all I want is to clear the cache but the maxitool says that it will delete everything on the device??
  Total1 Pages